The day after Golfer Rory McIlroy, 22, blew a four shot lead on the final day of the Master’s tournament to miss out on winning, he posted this quote on his Twitter account. He must have taken his own advice because he went on to win the next major open, posting the best winning score ever for a U. S. Open.
Here are a few general rules about afirmations.
1. Affirmations should be made in present time. Begin affirmations with the words, “I am…”.
2. Affirmations need to be believable to yourself. Believing your affirmation is what gives it power.
3. Use affirmations daily and repeat them as often as you can throughout the day.
4. Do not overload yourself with too many affirmation as you start this practice. Try starting with three affirmations a day.
5. Using affirmations daily is a fun and positive experience. If you think you have to do them or they are boring and not working, then they are and won’t.
6. Remember, always seek your own truth and what is right for you.
I’m posting this a day early because I think it’s one of my most helpful tips and I want you to have it as soon as possible.